Firefly's Green Bean Potato Salad
We’re not letting go of summer, just yet!
Here’s a great, simple potato salad recipe that would be perfect for these last outdoor dinners on the deck, or an end of summer picnic. Green beans add great color and a satisfying crunch to the tender potatoes, and we love how the dill in our Emerald City Kraut elevates the dish.
We’ve kept this version as simple as it gets, but feel free to add diced onion, capers, celery, diced hard-boiled egg, parsley, or anything that makes a potato salad scrumptious to you!
Firefly’s Green Bean Potato Salad
3 cups cooked potatoes, 1-inch cubes
1 ½ cups cooked green beans, 1-inch pieces
1 cup Emerald City Kraut, chopped
For the dressing:
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes if you want (We use organic potatoes so we usually leave the skin on. Cut the potatoes into quarters, put them in a medium pot, and cover them with water, Add salt (1 teaspoon) to the water and cook the potatoes until they’re tender, but not too soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Boil the green beans until tender but still a bit crisp, about 3 minutes. Plunge them in cold water to stop the cooking, then drain them and let them cool.
- Take the Emerald City kraut out of the jar with a clean fork, letting any extra brine drain back into it. Roughly chop the kraut.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled potatoes, green beans, and kraut.
- To make the dressing, in a small mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients until well blended. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or make-ahead and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.